A Collective Vision
Kansas communities large and small are coming together to share visions and opportunities for creating an ideal early childhood care and education system. In 2020, the All in for Kansas Kids Strategic Plan was made possible through the efforts of more than 6,100 Kansans who contributed their experiences, ideas, and feedback to strengthen and improve our system. Today, early childhood stakeholders continue to work collaboratively across the state to make that plan a reality.
Collaboration on Many Fronts
- All In For Kansas Kids work is partially supported by Preschool Development Grant Birth through Five funding (PDG) from the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Administration for Children and Families (ACF), Every Student Succeeds Act. This PDG award funded the needs assessment process and development of the strategic plan. PDG also supports activities to maximize parental choice and knowledge of early care and education options, the sharing of best practices among providers, and overall improvements in quality.
- The leadership, staff, grantees, and partners of the Kansas State Department of Education, Kansas Children’s Cabinet and Trust Fund, Kansas Department for Children and Families, and the Kansas Department of Health and Environment provided expertise throughout the needs assessment and strategic planning process. Leaders at each of these agencies form the early childhood State Director’s Team. This team leads efforts to implement the strategic plan and oversees other PDG work.
- Needs Assessment Contributors
- Strategic Plan Contributors
- Stakeholder Resource Directory